Monday, August 23, 2010

OK, I repeat: My son joined the reserves and will be fighting the Cheney and neocon war for oil in the?

quagmire called Iraq:





http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>





How many of you still don't believe this war is about OIL??? And are YOUR kids over there fighting for it???





O. OPERATION


I. IRAQUI


L. LIBERATION





Thanks to those of you who responded with compassion and concern...and to the rest of you, thanks for your sarcasm. It reminds me that I am on the right path.OK, I repeat: My son joined the reserves and will be fighting the Cheney and neocon war for oil in the?
Tell him:





Listen to your Sargent,


Keep your head down,


trust no stranger no matter how appealing,


thank you for your service.





I'll be pulling for him, his comrades...and for you.OK, I repeat: My son joined the reserves and will be fighting the Cheney and neocon war for oil in the?
It's sad to see someone buying the ';war for oil'; crapola hook line and sinker. It's almost as bad as the global warming sham.





If this were a war for oil gas would not be five bucks a gallon. It would be five CENTS a gallon. I mean really. How many Iraqi oil tankers have you seen in U.S ports?





But it's pointless to try to pound common sense into people like you. It's an absolute waste of time. You have to have an open mind to be receptive to other people's opinions. Especially when those opinions are backed with facts.





I know I know. You can't be bothered with the truth, facts, common sense and rational thought. Right?





Have you thought about the fact that your son joined out of a sense of pride and patriotism? And to get away from you so you don't poison his mind with your rubbish?
85% of Iraqi oil production is under contract to Compagnie Petrol De Francais. That arrangement has been in effect since well before we invaded and deposed the Ba'athist regime of Saddam Hussein.


There are currently over 100,00 members of the National Guard and Reserves who have been mobilized in the war on terrorism. Some are assigned to Operation Iraqi Freedom, some to Operation Enduring Freedom and some to Operation Noble Eagle (the defense of the homeland).


So, in short, it is a stretch to say our involvement in Iraq is about getting oil and an even bigger stretch to assume that your son will be in combat in Iraq.


Thank him for his decision to serve.
I am sorry.


Sorry that you do not see reality the same as your son.


Sorry that your son has seen the big picture, and you only have the kool aid to offer him when he is thirsty for the truth.


Sorry that you do not believe the thousands and thousands of the testimony's of soldiers coming home and saying what we are doing over there is worth it.


Sorry that this ';oil'; issue is bigger to you than the truth.


PS. Thank you son for understanding 9-11, global terrorist and genocide.
Why don't you ask your son why he doesn't believe his Mother when she says it's ALL about oil. In here you are only going to get a soundbite agreeing or disagreeing with you. If you talk to him maybe you can at least reach an understanding of why he joined the service.





Your beef starts with your son for disobeying your wishes. Ask him. Find out why he did what he did. I'd like to hear his side of the story.
I think if we were fighting for oil, it would be a little cheaper than it is today! We are in Iraq to simple restore its Government and its security. We wouldn't be fighting anyone it wasn't for Iran being beside of it who's people don't want us to restore Iraq because Iran and Iraq had major issues with each other in the past. They are called Insurgeants!!!!
I thank your son sincerely for his service.


I believe that oil was not the reason for going, but it certainly was a factor. My only hope is that your son returns safely to you, and that all of America can be proud of his accomplishments.


I shall keep you and your son, all service members, and the spouses, children and parents of all who serve, in all my prayers.
Seems like every neo-con has come out to rant at this question.


It is about oil, but that means ownership of it by huge oil conglomerates. The US army wages it's wars for big business.


The US ruling elite love dictators, as long as they are compliant to big business. The bogus claim of overthrowing a dictator is a lie. If that was the reason, then they would have overthrown Somosa, Ferdinand Marcos, Pinochet, Saddam Hussein (1980's); when in fact the USA SUPPORTED all these dictators. The biggest mistake a dictator can make is to not allow big corporations to take ownership of their economy. When that happens, the support stops and the war starts.
';Sometimes it is necessary -- sometimes not.





Sometimes it makes us more secure -- sometimes less.





Sometimes it is based on truth and justice -- sometimes it is based on the lies, incompetence and glory-lust of policiticians.';





';Anyone can convince us of anything, if they don't share all the evidence.';
Your son is a grown man who joined the reserves WILLINGLY!!! He (hopefully) knew what he was doing! You can cry all you want but it doesn't change the fact that he is going because HE SIGNED UP!!!! Let him do his job and don't fill his head with all of your nonsense, he has to focus on what he is doing. My children aren't over there fighting seeing as i don't have children, but my husband has gone, and several other family members have gone. I am proud of them all and everyone else who is serving their country, including your son!
i think your son is a braver person than you...my husband has served the last 19 plus years and has been there three times looking at another trip at christmas time ...add that up it was long before the stuff in iraq and that part of the world happened...your son knew about the conflict in that area and should know by now that he will go if told too...so you can assume its for oil but ask your son why he joined...
Good for him. Glad he didn't drink his mother's kook-aid.





I for one do NOT believe this war is about oil. However, it would be a waste of my valuable time to try to explain it to you.





If YOU think it is about oil, then write to your leaders in the Congress and your fool Obama and tell them to allow us to use our own oil. But you and your other Liberal friends believe the Caribou are more important than our soldiers.
War for oil? Why do people still believe this idiocy? What's it based on?





While it is the oil in the Middle East and the free flow of petroleum that makes it strategically important to the US and the rest of the industrialized world, as it has been for decades, that does not mean this war was ';for oil';. That's simply absurd.





Apparently, your son doesn't agree with you. I honor his commitment.
Oh, my goodness, another Cindy Sheehan! I most certainly hope YOUR son doesn't have to sacrifice his life in order for you to rise in the liberal hierarchy!





Your son joined the military and will stand and fight for FREEDOM; something that liberals obviously won't attempt to wrap their minds around - until you lose it. Perhaps if your Muslim buddy, Obama, wins the election you will get the ';change'; you desire.





God bless your son for his service to our country.
first of all its operation iraqi freedom not liberation and im tired of liberals not using indepth arguments about the war and instead just call it right wing bs, neocon bs, and all about oil





where is your evidence to back up that its just abt oil even though we are getting a lot oil from iraq and were begging saudis





if the war was really about oil you wouldnt see convoys carrying construction supplies, you would see them carrying oil out of iraqi trucks and onto american tankers in the gulf





ur just like my dad so shut the f up
I hope he comes home safe





as for Iraq being about oil


Of Course It Is NOT.





sure it's a ';quagmire';


we could also say it's a Massive Mistake, one of the biggest Blunders any American President has ever made.





but ';for oil'; ? to tell you the truth - I WISH !!





if it really was ';for oil'; that idea might have been pretty good !
Tell your PVT we said thanks...I guess he may be brighter than you are because it is...





O. Operation


I. Iraqi


F. Freedom





Where were you when we were fighting Clinton's wars to get the America's minds off the fat chicks he was doing? (Somalia, Hatiti, Bosnia, and Kosovo and the 4K+ American Service Members who died between 92-00)





If my Mother acted like you, I would never speak to her again...but she is more Patriotic...





EDIT: Actually from your other questions, I don't believe you...what is your son's name so I can look him up on AKO to see if you are lying or not...is he your Jesse McBeth?
Sounds like your son is smarter and more aware of the issues at hand than you are.





Hopefully, you will listen to what your son says when he returns and realize that your current beliefs are based on partisan propaganda instead of fact.





BTW - my son is deployed in Iraq and I served a tour there myself.
it's good to know we have people like your son in our armed forces, that have not fallen for the lefts spin like you have that it is about oil. may i suggest you open your eyes and look to your son for guidance, because you have failed both him and yourself. thankfully he was able to use his own means to understand what is happening in the real world.
Well Mrs. surprise me and tell me you son was drafted.......


Its Americans like him that make this country great do not dishonor his choices with questions like this.........


he volunteered to serve his country and the worse thing you could do right now is go against what he believes in
So glad you're not my mom. How pissed were you when he joined up, I wish I could of seen your face. I'm glad he'll be their to tell you what is really going on and not watching CNN.If you think it is about oil you need some help. Tell me how much oil we've gotten from them?





EDIT: it's obvious you're just a troll
HaHa....it's OIF....Operation Iraqi Freedom......that's funny......not my child but my husband is over there and I can guarantee that it is not about oil.......I'm not sure what path you are on but it is a misinformed and ignorant one
COnsidering the fact that we have always gotten less than 10 percent of our oil from Iraq and most of our oil comes from Canada, wouldnt it have been easier to ';invade'; Canada instead? The argument that the war is about oil just does not make any sense at all.
not my kids but my husband and my brother and numerous other friends. good thing you live in american and can say things like that and speak out against the government,,,,in some countries you could be put to DEATH for speaking against the government. places like IRAQ.
Wow, I'm surprised you son still talks to you if this is the kind of support you provide him.





Also, if this was a war about oil, why would we be in places like Ramadi or Falluja, which have absolutely zero oil?
ok, how about you start supporting your son instead of whining about a war that you obviously know nothing about.





i love how people think they know everything about this war when they are not serving in it and have no proof.
Beginning a sentence with OK destroys your question. Or, are you just a teen liberal? And, this is not ';sarcasm';.
Don't worry, we will make great use of your son in the fight for oil! he will protect OUR money with HIS life, and then we will thank you by allowing you to PAY US for driving to work. In the end you will be naught but a distraught shell of a human being... thank you for sacrificing yourself for our PROFIT =).
Of course it's about oil, we've proven that last week. My son is going soon, too. And politically he's against the war, but loves his country.
My son also joined the reserves against my advice. I join you in hopes of a quick end to that misguided conflict.
We appreciate your son's willingness to defend us and frown upon this administration's willingness to sacrifice our soldiers out of greed and based on lies.

No comments:

Post a Comment